There are so many exciting fashion trends for this season! But how do you incorporate all those looks or even just a few of them into your wardrobe and still stay on budget? Many of the fashions trends are here for the season, and then they are gone. Unless you have a huge budget for your clothing there is no way to afford a piece that will last only one season, and why would you unless you find something you can’t live without? My advice is to select neutral pieces that will work through many seasons and change up your embellishments. Here are my favorite fashion trends for this season and some quick tips on how to incorporate that look to work with your wardrobe.
- Leather – Supple beautiful leather, almost flowing like liquid, is all the rage this season. One of my favorite pieces is the leather tee. I personally love leather, but the cost of it can be high - especially for quality pieces. One way to get the leather look is to choose leather jewelry. A fun look is adding several leather bracelets and stacking them all on one arm or finding two great wideband pieces; one for each wrist.
- Magic Garden – This is taking floral to a whole new level. Bright, colorful flowers blossom against a dark, moody background. The patterns are opulent and dense so compliment that look with a smoky eye and dark nails. There are two ways to make this trend work. One is to start with dark neutral pieces and add colorful jewelry. Colorful, layered necklaces work great for this season’s hot new look. The other is to start with colorful pieces and add black-finished jewelry. This can give you a very edgy and totally unique look, just like a magic garden.
- Equestrian – I love this look when it is done well. Everything is so clean cut. Simplicity is the key, boots over a slim pant and a tailored top. The equestrian look is not a new trend, but now is the time to refine it by adding that textured bracelet or necklace set to finish the look off beautifully. Think western all the way!
- Black and Gold – Make a statement this season, wear black and gold and make sure the gold dominates! Tops, dresses, jackets, everything is a mix of black and gold. To incorporate that look for less, start with the main must have of every wardrobe, the little black dress, and add your gold accessories!! Everywhere I look it is Big, Bold and Gold!! That black dress will get you through every fashion trend out there; all you have to do is change the jewelry!!
- Bejeweled – It takes a strong personality to work this very ornate trend. It is an elegant, intentionally baroque look. It is more about resplendence than flash, although flash works too. Hair is definitely slicked back or bone straight. The key to this look is tailoring. Find pieces that flatter the figure, a fabulous dress, a tailored jacket. Spend a little more on a great piece, and then add your embellishments. Or find that tailored piece in your closet and add the crown jewels to it. Ropes of pearls work fabulous for this look, or big chunky pieces. Broaches are another great way to embellish and bejewel an outfit. Let your imagination go wild!
Jewelry and accessories are a great and fun way to incorporate those fashion trends into your wardrobe. It is also easier and more cost effective to change out accessories than changing a whole wardrobe. Make a statement about who you are and what you like by working fashion trends into your style. You may be surprised in how much fun it is to express yourself through your jewelry!! If you need help or have any questions, please get in touch with me. I would love to offer my expertise!!
Sorry, comments are closed for this article.